Muddy Half Chaps

Hi Ridecampers! After really, really messing up my half chaps with mud,
they are stiff, stiff, stiff and dirty. How to clean them? They're suede
and I LOVE them. But, I think they've had it. Any ideas how to get some
life into them? I've had them a few years and expected them to look used,
but..!

Are there such things as synthetic half chaps (like gortex, neophrene?) or
anyone who makes em? I'd really like something I could just hose off and
not worry about--like my neophrene grith and breastcollar, biothane
headstall and so on.

Answer privately if you like!

Thanks, Monika, Koko and Ripp