Re: Cracked heels

I've had a lot of success with a viricide called Virkon to treat cracked
heels.  It is available at most feed stores and comes in little packets
of powder that you mix in water.  I usually saok a leg quilt in it and
wrap for 12 hours then remove and apply a topical spray.  One thing I've
also found is to keep the horse out of direct sunlight during the day
and to make sure there is NO CLOVER in their hay or pasture.

Susan

Pickardville AB

Canada