Hello, etc.

Hi.

I've just come aboard Ridecamp and look forward to talking to all of you.
I am in the L.A. area, own a highly opinionated Arabian, have done several
LDs at 25 and 30 miles and one memorable 50 to date.

I also have a quick question that I have no doubt many of you can answer:
Who manufactures the horseshoes made of aluminum (or steel, for that
matter) that have the plastic (polyurethane??) coating for shock
absorption?  Where can I find them?  And do you have any opinions on their
effectiveness for LD (I don't think my gelding will be able to go beyond
that) - or their overall performance during training, etc.?  How long do
they wear at light distance work?

My horse has arthritis and the doc wants the extra protection.

Back to you for advice and input.  THANKS !!!!

M.