More info on PAC pre-ride in Manitoba

Greetings!

I have had a number of questions asked of me so I will attempt to answer in
this forum.

You do not need an FEI passport for this years qualifier ride.  It will be
needed next year for the actual Pan Am Championship. All that is required
is a negative Coggins from within the last 6 months and  current (within 30
days)GOVERNMENT  certified health papers to cross the border. There is no
charge to cost the border and if you have the proper documentation the
horses do not need to be  unloaded or inspected. There are two twenty four
hour port to cross into Manitoba from the US, one just north of Rugby ,
North Dakota on #281 and one north of Grand Forks, N.D. on I 29. I would
recommend crossing at these ports.  If you are coming from the west you
would cross at the port on #281 and from the east the one on I 29.

You do need to notify your national federation, AHSA, of your intention to
ride in a CN ride outside your country. This is classified as a CN ride but
we have written confirmation  from FEI that it will be a qualifier for this
year's Worlds and next year's PAC.

You can arrive anytime early to rest your horses. There will be ride
management at the ride site from June 28th on. There are no electrical
hookups. There is a large field for camping and you can set up portable
corrals.  There is a barn and turnout corrals, to be used on a rotational
basis for early comers. There is running water and a shower. We would ask
 that upon arrival you check with  ride management before setting up as we
have to organize the camping area to allow for fair and equitable stabling
to meet with FEI regulations. There is a $10 Canadian ($7 US) per night
camping fee.

We can accept entries right up till ride time in all rides but the FEI ride
has a $50 penalty after June 1st .  This is part of the three day, Great
Northern Connection, which offers 25 and 50 miles each day as  well as a 2
day 100 and a three day 150.  The 100 mile FEI qualifier PAC pre-ride is on
the middle day, July 4th. The first day is the IAHA Region 17 Championship.
All rides can be entered at  ride site.

There will be a canteen running to serve food from July 1st  on.  There are
 towns with all the necessary supplies within 12 miles of ride camp. There
are hotels within 12 to   20 miles of ride camp, for their numbers please
email me privately.

The weather is usually very pleasant at this time of year with temperature
between 75 to 85 as daytime highs and in the 60's overnight.  We have
nearly 18 hours of daylight at this time of year at this latitude which is
a bonus for  doing a 100. The terrain is quite sandy with no   rocks. Most
of the trail is rolling hills with a few sections of difficult steep sand
dunes.

If you have any further    questions or concerns please let me know and
I'll try answer them.

Myna Cryderman