Re: AERC Bylaws Suggestions

In a message dated 98-05-21 16:28:43 EDT, ramey@wvi.com writes:

<< Assuming the members approve the proposed internet voting provision in
 the Bylaws, it would only go into effect at such time as all directors
 could reasonably participate. >>

Thank you for clarifying that.  From your earlier post it sounded like the
Internet voting was to be used to deal with the current issues.

 <<To add the ability to use technology as it becomes available would save
 the expense of a future vote in that we already need go through a change
 process to meet IRS requirements.  We are trying to think "ahaed" to
 save money.>>

I don't think anyone disputes that.

 <<One last thought.  Any meeting of the Board of Directors requires proper
 notice and the opportunity for all directors to participate.  This is
 California Law. >>

In other words, if we opt to add the Internet option for voting, it becomes
useless if even one Director is not on the Net.

Heidi