Re: year book/points

Becky Hackworth wrote:

> Linda Flemmer wrote:

> It isn't worth my while to have past years researched to get me "caught
> >up" (until I'm <really> close to a big milestone :-)  )
> >

> But don't the years ride results show all entries not just members.?

Yes, they do show non-member's finishes on a year to year basis within the
ride results.  In order to get credit for mileage and have it recorded
towards a lifetime total, one must be an AERC member.  If you rode in the
past without being a member & want credit for that mileage, you must pay a
research fee to have it identified and credited to you now as a member.

As I compete for fun and a sense of self accomplishment, recording mileage
totals or points doesn't mean all that much to me.  (I just really need a
goal - like an upcoming ride - to get myself psched up and in shape!  I need
that now that I'm a sit-down office worker!)

As not everyone is interested in points & year end champioship awards, what
do folks think of paying a small, additional fee to offset the cost of the
year-end awards rather than another hike of the AERC dues in the future?
(Not a fee to monitor mileage, etc., but just to particiate in the awards.)

Linda Flemmer