Re: CTR vs Endurance

Kimberly:
I have riden several times out in Del Valle, it is very hilly and very
good conditioning ride.  If you have a young horse or just starting out
it will be a good test.  As far as the other stuff, I did CTR & NATRC
before I started endurance and I had no problems.  I did put a red
ribbon on his tail, they will not disqualify you for it.  I think that
this ride is a IAHA ride and they do not judge horsemanship, thank God.

The ride vets are usually very good and most of the time when I was
doing CTR & endurance they were the same folks.  I would just go and do
the ride, have fun, it is very pretty country out there but it will be a
tough ride.  I conditioned alot for Tevis out there.  It paid off!
As far as the loops, there should be no repeats, there are many more
miles of trails out there.  You may head back the same way on some of
them.
Enjoy, it is a good way to start a less experianced horse.
Tony C