CTR vs Endurance..?????'s

Hello all,

I'm considering our first CTR ride (40 miles) on June 6th and have to
make a decision by tomorrow as I'm heading out on a vacation.  After
reading some of the posts on ridecamp I have a few concerns.  Such as
judging on movement(?).  What does this mean?  Should I be practicing
the trot out a different way then what is done in endurance?  The boy
gets really choppy when he is unsure or distracted, I'm not rich and
don't want to be pulled for a choppy gait....am I wasting my money?

The ride is at Lake DelValle in No.Cal.  Does anyone know if the loops
are repeated? (ride manager probably too busy to respond to my
questions...she responded to some but I keep sending her more!<G>).

Are there gonna be people hiding in the woods watching us? (any good
tricks to play on them?)hee,hee.

I'm thinking of pleading ignorance to all types of competition...when I
asked what the rationale was behind not being able to lead the horse at
all the answer was how it is different from endurance and not a race!
Half a page of lecture later and still no clear cut rationale behind
this.  Will I be condemned as a speedster if I mention endurance?  ( You
fast endurance fanatics have ruined my reputation before I've had a
chance too..darn it!)

Oh, will I automatically be kicked out if I put a red ribbon on his tail
(trying to be on the "safe side") or is he suppose to be so well behaved
that should never be necessary?

Thanks in advance,
Kimberly (who would never race her horse...to finish is to win!)
(&Mystery the Morab..."wow I'm in shape and feel
good..buck..buck..oops,sorry!")
Pt.Reyes, CA
ps.,I'm on digest so please post me.....