electrolytes

If it is really hot and humid I will pre load the night before a ride,
otherwise I give 2 oz before the start and 2 oz at each vet check.  If
the weather warrents it and my horse is drinking I give 3 oz.  I always
mix ABC probi in with it, seems to help coat the tummy.  I have been
using the new Endura-Max all season seems to work just fine.  PS I sell
Endura-Max and ABC products for those of you NE'ers.  I had one tie up
this year and it turns out the horse needs more selenium.  Last year a
ride vet embarrassed be in front of a bunch of competitiors saying I was
over supplementing my horses selenium and their feet were going to fall
off.  I tried to explain that the ring in her hoof was from a fever, but
this vet was insistent.  So I listened.  Last time I'll do that, now I
took a giant step back with a really good horse.  So when in doubt do
blood work before you change supplements.

Sandy and "the crew" @ (Neigh-Per-Say) NJ.