Re: High Mileage Horses -- Summary

In a message dated 98-05-16 15:14:15 EDT, wfortner@peop.tds.net writes:

<< Can anyone explain why there are more horses in the SW region to complete
1,000 miles or
 more?  Why aren't there any in SE and Central?  Is it too hot for too long or
is it because
 we don't have enough rides? >>

Several people have hit the nail on the head with one of the main
reasons--multi-days!  However, numbers of rides also comes into play, and
number of 100's is a big factor.  Here in the NW we are shy of multi-days
(depends on whether or not I get our one put on from year to year, and it
didn't run during the Pan-Am year and previous pre-ride year) but we have
SCADS of top-notch 100's.

Heidi