Re: MECHANICAL FATIGUE

In a message dated 98-05-15 10:41:44 EDT, madill@teleplex.net writes:

<<
 	Let's face it -- the ONLY completely UN-SUBJECTIVE "Fact" is the stop
 watch or whether or not an object was dislodged --

 	Granted, establishing mathematical values assists us in ranking what we
 see, but the main issue is that, whatever benchmark is used, a judge must
 remain absolutely true and evaluate every horse by precisely the same
 standard. >>

Things like capillary refill, skin tenting, and frequency of gut sounds are
easily measured or timed, so at least PART of the score objective.   However,
as you stated, and as I said a bit differently in my previous post, each horse
must be evaluated by the same standard, which is why at most rides the BC's
are done by one vet so that the same set of eyes makes the calls.

Heidi