hives

Well, I'm taking the plunge & asking for some advice out there.  I just bought
a mare for endurance March 1.  She comes from a ranch 3 miles from where I
have her now.  She is 9 years old and in good health.  She got the hives
Saturday.  Today there  are more bumps & they are bigger.  I've tried reading
what I could about this & most books just mention these in passing.  Should
they go away soon?  Should I be concerned? The ranch manager is quite sure
it's not what they are feeding (though he got a new shipment last week), it's
pollen in the air. She's eating ranch provided alfalfa in the morning, barley
provided by me at night & some bran once a week. At least it's raining so much
I can't ride anyway.  She doesn't seem bothered at all.

Thank you
Juli & Alora