Shoe Wear

I KNOW we have talked about this before, but because it didn't have any
meaning for me then, I didn't pay too much attention.

I have noticed that the wear patterns are quite distict on my geldings
shoes. He slides the rear hooves and wears the whole shoe pretty evenly.
You can see the slide marks in the metal and when I watch him walk and
trot his rear hoofs slide forward on the ground (Hard to see, but I know
he does it). His front shoes only show wear at the toes. He does not
slide the front hooves.

Does this indicate something about the way he moves? Do horses slide
only on the back or also on the front?

Lauren