I-77/ Weigh stations

I just went to NC via I-77 and back Sunday a week ago to pick up a
horse. The first weigh station south of the border was closed. The
second one was also closed.

I didn't know I was supposed to stop, and no one ever pulled me over. I
have a Chevy 2500 pickup and a 4-horse Chicasaw stock-type trailer. I
have gone to NC before with this combo and have never been stopped.

You do need a Coggins for a horse entering VA from NC--this much I know.
This thread has been _very_ enlightening.

Susan Felker (off to check those gross weight totals)
Black Ridge Arabians
http://www.swva.net/blackridge