Re: Eating, Pooping, the Frog and Picking

>Do you guys pick?

I do.

>Horses poop on the run?

During competition, yes.

>Horses eat on the fly?

Yes.  I've been working on this the last few weeks, since gut sounds seem
to be Kaboot's Achiles heel.  He used to eat great, then I started trying
to move up into top 10 and the speed excited him too much.  Now I'm
trying 100's and I want him eating on the trail.  When I'm out riding, we
trot along, then I spot something I know he really loves...like cane...I
brake, tilt his nose towards it, throw out some slack and say "Getcha a
bite".  He loves this training.  As soon as he's gotten all he can hold
in his mouth at once without stopping to chew, we start off trotting
again.  Now, whether he'll be willing in competition will be up to who
we're traveling with.

Angie and Kaboot (Yes I eat on the trail, as a matter of fact, if you
ever come up on me unconscious ...do the Heimlick Maneuver first!

  I KNOW the riders do :-)

>Thanks!
>Bambi and Taaraka
>forbes@vail.net

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]