ivermectin

I have an 8 year old gelding that has been wormed every two months of
his life with ivermectin wormer paste.  Last summer, I took a stool
sample too the vet to have a worm count done, just when he was due to be
wormed(maybe 9 weeks).  In spite of his being out in pasture with 2
others, and having been out with various other horses during his
lifetime, he had ZERO egg count.
Must work.
Katee