EasyBoots and Toe Length

>I've been reluctant to use EasyBoots because my horse has nice squared
>toes and the EasyBoot lengthens the point of breakover. I feel that this
>would alter her way of moving just a little but may be enough to strain
>her tendons. Any thoughts on this?

Hi Lauren:

I grind the toes down on my boots before using them.  You can do it with a
hoof rasp (just watch the knuckles!).  I've been using an electric grinder,
which works really good.  I round out the toe and smooth the bottom of the
front edge....basically what I am doing is making the boots look about the
same as they would if I were to ride in them a couple of hundred miles.  If
you are going to use the boots in competition then make sure you try them
out on a few training rides first.  I'm sure you could take an old shoe and
use that as a pattern to shape the toe of the easy boot.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Weaver, 1505 miles