Re: Shoes absorbing shock

>>3)Different types of shoes are made up of different type of metals
>>therefore they do not absorbs the same amount of shock.

As an engineer I find it very hard to believe that a difference in metals
alone can make a difference in shock absorption.  The leg-ankle-hoof-shoe
is a system.  Regardless of the metal chosen, the shoe is the least
flexible of  all the parts of that system.  A shoe made only of metal
just does not compress to absorb concussion.  That is why true shock
absorbing shoes, such as the Equithotics, use some other material that
does compress to absorb concussion.  That is also one reason that pads
and Easy Boots absorb shock.  They are made with materials that compress.
  Wide web shoes work because they distribute the concussion over a
larger area than do the standard shoes.  Then the hoof wall can do a
better job of absorbing the shock.

Dave Bennett
Chickamauga, Georgia
email:   benamil@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]