extending shoe life

Ridecampers  -  I am conditioning/training for 100 milers,  riding mixed
trails and fire roads in the Pacific Northwest Coastal mountains and some very
steep terrain.  My question is, how do I get my horses shoes to last more than
4 weeks???   We are having a heck of a time even getting  200 miles on those
front ones at 50 miles a week.  She wears the nail heads right off in nothing
flat and the shoes down to shiny thinnes.  She also has a very thin wall and
tiny hoof  ( 00 size ) so that limits options.   Luckily I have a great
farrier that does endurance so understands the situation and will come replace
those shoes when needed.  But replacing shoes so often gives us no hoof growth
and nailing difficulty.  So, do we ride less?  Slower?   Use a different
shoe??  My farrier and I have discussed several alternatives.  But rather than
do the trail and error route does anyone have suggestions that have worked for
them that might work for us.  ????    My mare has a short stride so canters
slowly but has a very extended trot  (clocked at 15 to 18 mph) that she can do
for  15 miles or so.  That fast trot down these roads really eats the shoes
up.   I have a goal to do Tevis one year but how do I keep pads on or Sneakers
or ??????   This is our 5th season and she has never been lame or pulled and
we have several BC's.   What is the average number of miles people put on
their horses between 100 milers??  Last year we did 5 rides and replaced shoes
once a month.

Thanks for your input ahead of time.  email me privately if you wish or on
ridecamp.

Brez and Silk