Re: woolback vs equalizer

I found your comments about "heat scald" really interesting.  My little
mare got "heat scald" quite badly at a ride the end of March.  I had
never dealt with this sort of thing at all--never had the problem
before.  She's a little downhill in the back and I had double-shimmed my
saddle (an OF that has not hurt any other horse I've used it on).  The
shims are neoprene so when the vet said "heat" scald, I took it to mean
literally that.  The saddle did need to be refitted with new panels -
they had compressed quite a bit but now I'm afraid to try it on her.  I
got a Bighorn for the time being which seems to sit in a different
position than the OF so maybe it will be a better choice.  I've only
ridden her one time since March--to try out that saddle--and other than
that, am still waiting for the pressure sores to heal before I ride
again.  Do you have any experience in how long it takes these sore to
heal?  I've been using aloe vera but now am just leaving her alone!

Thanks for the info -
Anita Burson