Stirrups

I ride in an Aussie type saddle. It is very comfortable but the stirrups
weren't.
I couldn't afford to buy any of those fancy stirrups and I was tired of my
english style stirrup irons that were uncomfortable. I thought that I was
going to have to put up with darn old things. Then I saw an old bareback pad
hanging there that had western style, plastic stirrups. They were kind of big
and had a wide footrest area. I tried them. Too slippery but very lightweight.
I took an old computer mousepad and cut little pieces to fit the footrest of
each stirrup. A little super glue (on the cloth side with rubber side up).
Voila! Cushioned, not slippery, lightweight, a very slight give to them but
not bouncy and there were the stirrups that I had always wanted. What a poor
man will do.

Ed Roley  - getting ready for my first 50