help for riders knees

does anyone know of any stirrup or device to help arider with abad knee  to
keep riding? I have a narrowed joint space on  the inside of one knee  with
loss of cartilage .I have spent 4 months trying to heal stress fractures from
the damage.  My saddle is a  Marathon  and I really like it but the pain when
I try  to ride is bad , my therapist said try western still very painful, I
can't stand the thought of giving up riding getting out on the trails is my
salvation.                  .         Also about oral nutraceuticals I have
been taking glucosamine which has helped greatly just getting walking again.
Also significant reduction in swelling fron joint fluid. Can horses systems be
much different? Thanks