Easyboots and foam

>1. Can I fit my horse who is prone to an occational over-reach
>with easyboots on his hind legs without worrying about the metal
>part hurting his front leg?

Yes.  There are several things you can do to adjust the boots to make them
work.  Read the archives for more information, or check out the stories
link on my web page and click on 'easy boots'.

>2. What is the foam you folks talked about in connection with
>the easyboots, where does one buy it, and how to apply it (over
>the wrap, I suppose?).

It is a two part catalyst mixture.  You pour it into the boot prior to
putting it on.  In a few minutes it will foam and set up.  There are
several vendors at endurance.net, and I myself am a distributor for easy care.

>If (when) we move from LD to the fifties, I think going barefoot
>in the back would be too much, but the barn does not allowe rear
>shoes in group turnout. Individual daypens are not large, and my
>buddy Shemmeek would get bored. I don't want him to learn any
>vices because of boredom.
>To shoe just for an event has other problems, that's why I am
>thinking of the easyboots. Will appreciate some informed advice.

Just wondering, Emil...what type of terrain do you have to condition in?  I
know that in some areas people can get away with conditioning their horses
un-shod (certainly not here in Nevada!!). ;^)  You just have to give it a
try and see if it works for your horse...Good Luck.  If you have any more
questions feel free to e-mail me.

Happy trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville