Re: painting numbers on horses

In a message dated 98-04-26 00:39:05 EDT, circlebranch@thegrid.net writes:

<< I was recently at a horse sale and these guys were going around with, what
 I assume, was waterbased paint and little branding iron-type numbers.  They
 looked so neat and tidy.  What would be the feasibility of doing something
 like that at rides, rather than the grease paint?  >>

Oops--just sent a reply to sender instead of to ridecamp, too, so will try
again.  Have vetted horse sales that use these, and we are constantly
reapplying them because they come off so easily.  They wouldn't survive a good
sweat to the first vet check, let alone having a rider douse a bit of water
over the horse on a warm day.  Not much use for what we do.

Heidi