True Life Adventures

DreamWeaver wrote:

> >As an OB nurse, people at work laugh when I snarf up on "contaminated"
> >kotex, the ones that drop on the floor and such.  Pop one or some and
> >a vet wrap into a ziplock and you have a great pressure dressing.
>
> Becky is right...these pads make great bandages.  They have new ones that
> are individually wrapped and so are much easier/neater to stuff into a
> saddle bag.  Vetwrap of course is a must.

Well, guys, in a never-ending quest to make Really Sure everything on
this list is accurate, I'm sorry to say I checked out Kotex and vetwrap
as pressure bandages all on my very own today.  Ow.  Took Cato for a
short little clear-the-cobwebs jaunt, wasn't paying attention to what I
was doing, Cato zigged, I zagged and off I came.  God knows THAT'S not
so unique, but unfortunately, I came down on a broken bottle and put a
chunk of it through a hand.  Ow.  Holy God, what a mess.  No permanant
damage, just alot of suturing in skin and a little muscle, but that
stuff in the Let's-Go-Riding-In-The-Boonies-and-See-If-We-Can't-
Kill-Ourselves emergency pack sure did come in handy.  Now that I'm back
home from the ER, Percodan is coming in even handier.  Did I mention
Ow?  Although after what happened at the WSFR, I feel guilty even saying
anything, but still, feeling very sorry for myself, lily-livered
squeamish coward that I am.  Mostly because it hurts every time I click
a mouse button, thus restricting what I can do on the computer...now
THAT'S torture.:-D

On the ride back to the trailer, I dripped on Cato (rather than my
saddle), so I guess I better go hose him off so as not to frighten the
neighbors.  Besides, all the dogs keep running over and licking him and
he's getting annoyed.

Susan Garlinghouse, Kotex Queen