Re: Vaccinations

Dear Julia,

This happened to my mare during her pregnancy.  She was vaccinated one day and
the next day her hind quarters were entirely lock up and she kept staggering
around in a circle.  I nearly had apoplexy!  Turned out it was just because of
where the shot was administered.  The vet said if the shot had been given two
inches in front of where it was it would have been her front end locked up.
In between the two and she would have been fine.  The only thing you can do is
a little bute and tough it out.  It only lasts for a little while.  Your horse
is probably just fine.  Really!

Randi/Spiritdog Ranch