Subject: high heart rates for no apparent reason

     This happens to me when the electrodes have poor contact.  Look at the
     blinking heart, and listen to the hoofbeats.  If they match, you've
     solved the problem. This occurs quite often with me when we're headed
     downhill after a long uphill, I'm sure it's due to saddle shifting and
     placement of the electrodes.  This is why it's so important to "know
     your horse" and why I rode without a HRM for so long.

     Linda-Cathrine and Magic Jake
     LLayman@NeoRx.com
     slypner@juno.com

     Help!!!

     ...their heart rates were huge from the start!  Never could ask for a
     trot because the were fluctuating up down from 60 to as high as 200.
     These horses never hit 200 even trotting a long
     hill!...  Any advice.  I'm quite worried.  The monitors have new
     batteries and work fine on other horses...

     Roxi
     hispirit@gemsi.com