Re: Help! Advice needed

Hi Connie,

Sorry to hear about your accident with the trailer.  I got into an
accident once that injured Cato in the same way (among others), another
car pulled out in front of us as we were coming down the highway and I
had to swerve severely to miss him.  I did miss the other guy, but the
swerve threw Cato around like a bee-bee in a boxcar.  In his case, he
went out to pasture for a few months, mostly for minor damage to a
tendon, not the bruises, but he was pretty banged up.  I had a
chiropractor come out and put him back together and just walking around
and a little time did the trick for him.  Some warm heat packs might
help in your case as well.  I found putting raw white rice into a big
ziploc baggie, microwaving it until it's nicely warm (not too hot) and
laying/holding/vetwrapping it against the affected area is a great heat
pack (cheap, too). It holds the heat for a good long while, and Cato
used to groan and lean against it when I'd hold it against some sore
place or another, so I know it felt good.  For that matter, I use it
alot on me as well.

I know some people insist chiropractors do no good, but in this case I
saw very clear and empirical improvement immediately in relieving the
pain in Cato's neck, back and pelvis.  I think you're up in Mike
Gleeson's area, Connie, and I hear he's very good.  You might give him a
call.  Good luck!

Susan Garlinghouse