Help! Advice needed

This is from a very sad horse owner (:-(.  On April 9 my rig (with 5-yr
old horse Dusty inside) got hit by a red-light runner.  Slid down the rt
side of truck, bent the barden bumper, then hit the rt trailer fender and
stopped.  Horse was on left side of trailer.  No blood or gore, thank
God, just $2300.worth  to my rig.  The other guy is uninsured, wouldn't
you know, but a witness stopped to help.
      Well, today I brought Dusty to the vet because of some niggling
strange developments in his gaits these  last few days.  Sure enough, he
has a grade 1/2 lameness LF and a bruised, sl swollen (but not painful)
top of L scapula.   We theorize that when the car hit the trailer fender
the horse got jolted onto the wall and  upright beam that frames the
escape door and hit himself by the withers.  Prognosis good, plan is to
rest and ride lightly (checking saddle fit in that area)  until swelling
goes down..   My question to ridecampers -- has anyone else ever had
injury to their horse in this area, and what was your experience?  Did
you do anything special re therapy, packs, etc.?   How long did it take
for everything to go back normal?  Please respond privately to
cberto@juno.com -- Thanks -- Connie B.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]