Re: puddles

> My horse also will drink more readily from standing water but I have always
> worried about all the sediment he is taking into his gut. But I have never
> kept him from drinking even from the nastiest puddle!

My funniest story about puddle-drinking comes in the form of snow-melt.  We had
been trudging up this sun-baked hill in the Carson-Iceberg Wilderness near the
Pacific Crest Trail (California), with nary a trickle in site...when we got to
the top and there was an old snow drift, with the tiniest trickle of water
emerging. Well, Gabe dove towards the 1/4" trickle....pursed his lips and
sucked at that tiny bit of water till I fell off the saddle laughing! What a
site! He has learned to drink out of anything and everything!
--
Deanne Del Vecchio & GABE~~Mom! That puddle is scary! It has WAVES (Lake Tahoe)