Re: Selenium levels

In a message dated 98-04-20 12:33:57 EDT, guest@endurance.net writes:

<< From: Barb Peck
 Email: bpeck@us.ibm.com

 De-lurking twice in one day.....

 My vet said selenium levels flucuate over a 24 hr. period, therefore blood
should be drawn several times to get a 24 hr. base line.
   Maybe one of the Vets on this list can comment.....
 Barb >>

While I understand that there is some fluctuation, my understanding is that it
is not of a tremendous magnitude.  Hence, a one-time test will still give you
sufficient information to know if your horse has adequate levels or not.

Heidi