Re: more on high altitudes

> How about Vitamin E???  Once I added it to my regimen, I was able to visit
> altitude (12,000) without Sirroche (spelling?) -- i.e. altitude sickness.
> Haven't tried 14,000!!! Don't EVER want to have altitude sickness again!!
>
> What about horses, though??

Actually, the reason why Cal Poly is doing research on high altitude's
effect on horses is because horses don't get altitude sickness like
humans do.  So far we have lots of theories and tons of data, no clear
conclusions.  So if Vitamin E helps you for altitude sickness, go for
it.  You-re right, alt. sickness is nasty---the most miserable I've EVER
been was wrestling with mules at 12,000' trying to draw blood for
analysis.  Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that was
sick from the altitude or from having to deal with those d**n mules.:-D
But anyway, vitamin E is probably not a benefit in horses, at least not
specifically for altitude adaptation.

Susan Garlinghouse