Re: Problems holding weight...

I missed the original post here, but on an older hard keeper, ditto the advice
to start with dental care.  After dental care, I would HIGHLY advise Equine
Senior.  We care for many horses in their teens and 20's, and both broodmares
and endurance horses in that age group seem to do MUCH better with at least
some Equine Senior in their diets.  It isn't any magic formula as to what's in
it--it is just processed in a manner that seems to be easier for them to chew
and digest.

I would also advise selecting a vitamin supplement that is high in zinc, as
this seems to be a problem for older horses to absorb.  Have had good luck
with Dynamite--am sure there are others, too, and one can always grind up zinc
tablets from the health food store if need be...

Heidi