Going Home

My new endurance horse a 8 yr old reg arabian
mare is really good going out for a ride.  Everytime we
turn for home no matter how far we go she gets really silly
going home.  This has been going on since late March
when I started riding her.  It finally came to the point that
on our last ride she just exploded for no reason at all on
the way home.  We had rode out 1 1/2 hours quite nicely
with a buddy.  She tried to bolt and when I didn't let her she
tried to buck which didn't happen.  I dismounted and walked
but when a vehicle came past she exploded again rearing up
and sending my friend and her horse almost off the road.  This
is so out of the ordinary for this mare.  I am hesistant to ride
her again after this little event.

Does anyone else have this going home problem with their
endurance horse??

My mare is quite attached to a 2 yr colt I have is it possible that this
is the problem??

Thanks
Julia