electrolytes at home

Because of some problems that I have been having dealing with the heat(me,
not the horse), I have been doing a lot of reading and looking at some
products designed for human ultramarathoners.  One article claimed that
tendons tend to dry before some of the other tissues, they seemed to be
saying that the tendons were becoming compromised way before dehydration
was really an issue.  drier=more injury prone.  would this be true for
horses?

Becky H