radios,etc.

Monte & several other riders from the Central Region are going to the Tevis
this year. After what we went through several years ago when he broke his
leg on a ride I'd sure feel better if we could keep in radio contact. Even
if he's running behind schedule but NOT in trouble. I don't think this type
of technology is at all in the same class with devices that might alter how
a horse appears to feel (or not).
I have used timer's out boards (when posted) to keep track of other riders
in my weight division & never thought of it as cheating, just a strategic
tool to plan my pace. I almost never have a crew on trail, but I've asked
hikers, etc how long since they've seen another horse. Cheating again,
too?????
Nancy Mitts
Central Region