Re: psyllium for sand

That makes sense Sue.  I rarely ever psyllium Blue but I do fecal sand
tests and he is always clear and I live in Sahara like conditions!!!!  But
he does have free choice hay all the time and has a regular conditioning
program.  When I do psyllium him once every 3 months or so I double the
dose 2x's a day, but I doubt if that even does any good.  I read somewhere
in the past year that forage was the thing that actually clears the sand
out, and to make sure your hay is cut long stems too, because short stems
don't clear out the digestive tracks like long ones do.  Something about
them length of hay dragging through the system.  It may of even been one of
your posts that mentioned this.  But it seems to work.

                                 Cheryl Newbanks
                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch
~~~\   _  ~~/ /\ /       Buckeye, AZ
       ( )__     ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com