Re: ridecamp forum and topics (fwd)

In a message dated 98-04-16 11:49:22 EDT, Trishmare@aol.com writes:

<<  The beef (sort to speak) is the tention and the topics that are being
   posted privately instead of on ridecamp. Topics that are lost to the
   subscribers.
   Penny (NM) >>

     Dear Penny . . . EXACTLY!!!!! >>

I posted to Steph that my concern was the large number of posts starting off
apologetically with "I don't know if this is an appropriate topic" and ending
with "Please e-mail me privately so as not to clutter the list."  Steph
realizes this, too, so hopefully Trish's post has had a positive effect and we
can get on with sharing the endurance experience.  I don't think there is much
danger of this list going TOO far off the mark, because endurance riders are
the most focused group of horse people I have ever met, whether in real life
or cyberlife.  We ride hard, work hard, drive hard, and sometimes debate hard,
but even our fluff is ride-related, compared to so many other lists (and yes,
I am on several).  We all appreciate Steph and her efforts, but this wouldn't
be a bunch of endurance riders if they didn't speak their minds when they feel
there needs to be something said.

Heidi