True Fluff and Genghis Khan

I've been pretty busy the past month or two (or twenty), so maybe I've
really missed something here.  I guess I just don't recall Steph laying
down Genghis Khan Commandments that are all that agonizing to live
with---just a fair warning that if the list (the one that, after all,
she pays for) gets too fluffy, it won't remain a priority for her to
maintain.  Sounds reasonable enough to me.  Anyone who has visited the
equine list (and others) can identify with True Fluff---literally
hundreds of messages that are of zero interest to anyone except the two
people engaged in their own conversation, and I mean posts that make
T-shirt sayings, favorite songs and discussions of trail dogs seem like
the works of Shakespeare.  I personally find it very annoying to have to
delete hundreds of messages (not just threads I'm not interested in, I
mean total drivel) to find a real relevant comment, info, question,
etc.  This IS a good forum and arguably one of the best going---I guess
I just don't see why some folks are so up in arms over Steph exercising
a polite and well-justified "hey, let's keep it relevant".  If you'll
remember, she HAS made milder requests in the past, only to be answered
with indignant posts explaining exactly why the latest lyrics to My
Little Pony are vital to every endurance rider.  Like it or not, it IS
her party and in my opinion, the end will justify the means.

Lighten up, guys.  Life on ridecamp has not ended. :-)

OK, I'm ready to duck now.

Susan Garlinghouse