Riding in the Dark

Monte & I always ride with helmet lights & red tail lights. Only the person
in the front of the line can use the head light, A light from behind will
make most people sick. Most of the Forest managers here are not very
cooperative about trimming interstate size trails, so getting hurt by limbs
is a concern, as is following the trail.I had a gelding who wouldn't do
anything but walk in the dark without a light, although most horses DO see
fine w/o one. Just be careful to let their eyes adjust when turning it on
or off. Personally I get really disgusted about people who complain about
our lights, but are more than happy to tag along if they can't find the
trail. Then they'll blast away till they get off trail again.
Nancy Mitts
Central Region