Re: prompting

Hi ridecamp,

I may sound naive but I started endurancing because of the motto "To Finish is
to Win".  It didn't matter if you got across the finish line first or last.
Just that you got there and got there sound.  Since I am not an overly
competitive sort this is perfect for me.  Any given ride is "quality" time for
me and my best equine friend.  We are a team and the "race" is ours to
determine regardless of what other riders are doing.  Therefore, anything that
the others are doing to gain an "edge" has no effect on our race. The only
rider that I have to ride better and faster than is myself in my previous ride
and no one else.  As a result, every ride is, for me, an absolutely great time
and that's what keeps me coming back.  Now I do know that there are those
competitive type who's goal is to be first across the line and that is fine,
however, in that case those folks are in the gain the "edge" mindset and would
be no matter what sport they were in.  So they expect that everyone else is
doing the same thing.  They expect it and are not offended by it.  For them it
is how the game is played.  Fine.  It still doesn't play into any success or
lack thereof that I may have.  So, prompt on and I will continue to "win".

Randi/Spiritdog Ranch