Prompting

Mary Ann from Texas wrote:
<<Technology has certainly developed and become more cost effective.
BUT many of us are still not able to take advantage of all of it.... I
haven't been into the heavy competition.  Don't have a
heart monitor.  Use common sense, etc.  I appears that in order to
compete now, one needs to go hi tech.>

Don't you believe it!! Yes, technology can be helpful, especially in
training, and to a certain extent in competition, but in my experience
anything that distracts your attention from your horse and the trail
will ultimately not serve you...and regardless of who has the most toys,
at the end of the day, the trail will have probably sorted out the best
horses.
Think of it this way: the rider who is so busy monitoring heart rate,
temperature and communicating with his pit crew via satellite dish is
much more likely to step in a hole or miss a turn. The "competition" is
between you and your horse and the trail. Keep using the best tool you
have -- common sense. Learn to ride your own ride, and let the trail
decide the rest.
Bobbie and Fine Print