Re: Leaving after ride

I've never left a ride early, until the Oak Springs ride.

Kris, Carol was talking about Twin Oaks, not Oak Springs (where you
kicked butt! <g>)

There was a long, twisty road out of there, too.  We left after the
awards dinner because it had been raining and very windy for nearly 24
hours.  Part of the road was newly graded but not yet paved, and I drive
a heavy rig with no 4x4. It was less than 2 hours to home, and my horse
was in good shape after her first 50.

I just drove r-e-a-l-l-y slow until we got to 79.  She was much happier
at home under her shelter, in her large pen.

Like you say, Kris, different situations dictate different actions.

I'm thinking of putting a little questionaire on my Norco ride entry
inquiring whether people plan to stay overnight Saturday.  The multiday
thing is part of what Riverside County is going to charge for the use of
the base camp (darn it).

Lynne
and Rem-member Me