Re: shocktamer pads

>Hey Guys!!  I have used Shock Tamer pads before. I loved them!!  BUT, I
>did have a problem with losing the shoes and the pads.  here in the SE,
>the conditions are WET and because of that, the shoes pull.  No matter how
>tight the clinches are, or how often we tightened them.

I recently purchased my first set of Shock Tamers at the convention from Roger
R.  He said I should be able to get three or four resets out of
them....sounded like a real bargain to me.   I really like them.  My horse
seems to moving better and using his shoulder better than he has for years.
However Sam is right.....I lost both front shoes, with the ST Pads......  :-(
in the mud bogs at the Goethe forest......on different loops.......luckily the
footing was soft for most of the ride....didn't even know he'd lost a shoe
till I came in to the checks.   So maybe there is a problem in the mud.......
However I was using the rim pads.  I will still use them as I feel they are
helpful in preventing concussion problems in horses with a lot of miles (mine
has over 2,000 including CTR miles).    I like the idea given by one rider to
take an extra set of shoes with the ST pads already attached to the shoe in
case the farrier does not have them.
This is the first time in 6 years of competing that this horse has ever lost a
shoe at a ride.......he has small feet, but very good foot
quality........Don't know if it was the ST pads or not, but does seem like
more than just a  coincidence......

Cindy Bell
Wameco  (went so well without the shoe, maybe he should just go barefoot  :-)
Southeast Region