Re: Conditioning young horse?

> << I can't imagine conditioning a two year old for anything.... . >>

Two year olds don't need to be "fit".  The training on a two year old should
be mostly mental.  When he is smart enough to be more reliable in different
situations, then you can start to make him fit.  Don't rush it.  To get him
real fit before he has a good brain on him would be asking for trouble.

Enjoy him and take it slow.  The better the base (mentally) you put on him the
better horse he will be in the long run.

Have fun with it  :-)

Nora & Tucker
Ocoee, FL

p.s. You can ruin a horse by going to fast with him.  But I've never seen one
ruined by going to slow.   ;-)