Re: Horse death/leaving

In a message dated 98-04-11 13:13:34 EDT, ponies@foothills.eznet.com writes:

<< I know that vets and doctors go to rides to relax and unwind, but as a
 physician, I do not object to an emergency field consultation, and would be
 horrified to learn that someone in camp had suffered a heart attack and
 didn't want to bother me for what he thought was indigestion.  (True story,
 good outcome)>>

Well put.  We don't come equipped, but we are happy to examine and advise in
an emergency.

 <<I don't think this is anything that needs a new rule or set of rules, just
 some forethought and planning appropriate for individual ride settings and
 personnel. >>

This is the bottom line to ALL aspects of ride management.  You can't
legislate for different circumstances, but the manager needs contingency plans
that fit the circumstances.

Heidi