Re: pass and I'll kick!

>Interesting that you write about this matter. Just got done sending an
>E-mail about this same problem. Here in the Northwest there is a move
>afoot
>to exclude such horses from endurance rides.

Can they actually exclude horses that kick? How do you determine if a
horse is
a kicker? Do they have to kick out once or do they get 5 chances or ?
many? Does
it only count if the kick connects or if they miss it doesn't count. I've
been on both
ends here. I had to take my mare out of competition for 7 months because
of a kick
at VC 3. I've also had my horse kick out. In the 1st situation, I was
tired and got too close
to the other horse. MY fault. In the 2nd, the other horse backed into my
mare. His RIDER'S
fault. I on't see how this could be enforced. I also agree with Bob in
his sentiment that if
the RIDER didn't let his horse get too close to the other, then there
wouldn't be a problem.

Kris

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]