Re: Heart Rates and Bigger Horses

In a message dated 98-03-31 09:40:27 EST, hought@humboldt1.com writes:

<< He has always had an interesting heart rate, because when you go up hill he
 will normally be the lowest of the group that he is and usually by 20 or
 more beats.  As I stated before it's really hard to get his heart rate over
 175 galloping training hills.  I have wondered if does well uphill because
 he has a real wide face and he seems to be able to get a lot of air in. >>

Well, you guys are going to make me change my mind, or at least take another
look. We weigh our horses every day and have records going back 4 years, so I
can get a good picture once I've gone over the data--have a couple of
newsletters and articles to write first, though. Took a week off and
accumulated a month's worth of work.

ti