Re: LD's, BC Scoring, and AERC

>Join AERC and lobby the BOD and 'work' on the vets and ride mgr to run a
>better scored or vetted LD.. we members can get the standards inplace at
>all the rides..
>dont need to change the system just make the one we have work  as
>proposed.
>rr

I also might add to what Roger said - join your regional distance
organization.  Most endruance rides are jointly sanctioned by the AERC and
SERA (southeast), MERA (mountain region), ECTRA (northeast), etc.  These
organizations, being smaller are usually more atuned to the desires of
their members and can implement changes faster.

For example this year SERA implemented a BC standard for LD rides.  So at
all SERA sanctioned rides the BC for the LD will be calculated in the same
way.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - "She wasn't with us long - but boy will we miss her"
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL