Re: Rain, Rain, I Want To Train!

At 05:38 PM 4/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Is ANYBODY on the west coast able to continue training with all this
>rain? I guess it is O.K. that we have had two rides cancelled 'cause no
>one is able to ride with all the mud, damaged trails and rain.
>
>Anyone has suggustions on how to keep your horse fit and any "secret"
>areas to train in So. Cal?

Several of us have been using the riverbed in Lakeside (San Diego Area ) and
a thing the locals call "power pole".  10-12 miles depending on the loop
used.  I have come down off the mountains to train here.  Got caught in a
squall out there today.  Reminded us of Oak Springs!!!  Then it was over and
blue sky was showing.  Go figure.  We locals are going to scout the Mt
Laguna trails soon.  Will post info to the list.

Becky Hackworth